IOM Country Office in Prague, Czechia is opening a new vacancy for a Reintegration Assistant.
IOM assisted voluntary return and reintegration (AVRR) programmes provide a dignified return and foster the sustainable reintegration of migrants who are unable or unwilling to remain in host countries and wish to return voluntarily to their countries of origin.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office and in coordination with the Operations Coordinator, the incumbent will perform the following duties and responsibilities under the framework of the Czech AMIF Program on AVRR:
1. Under the framework of the Czech AMIF Program on AVRR reviews and processes
applications for AVRR; to this effect obtains necessary information and/or documents
from applying entities or migrants; conducts in-person interviews with program
2. Checks if applicants have already received benefits through the program in the past,
ascertains the case-related medical clearance; coordinates with the police and/or
airport services for any special pre-departure arrangements; compiles and maintains
case files according to the rules and regulations of the program;
3. Coordinates with other IOM Missions on special operational requirements including
reintegration assistance in the country of destination and follows the guidelines to
ensure a smooth AVRR to specific countries;
4. Generates and verifies confirmations of reintegration, including additional financial
assistance in the IOM computer system MiMOSA and forwards these to the
respective applying entity;
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external
candidates can apply for this Call for Applications. Read more about diversity and
inclusion in IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
5. Provides general guidance on AVRR procedures and requirements to applying
Social Welfare and local entities, foreigner’s offices, NGOs and/or potential migrants;
6. Coordinates any requirements for special vulnerable migrants (victims of trafficking,
unaccompanied minors, necessary medical assistance to individual returnees) en-route to and upon arrival in the country of destination;
7. Provides direct assistance and accompaniment at the airport, when necessary;
8. Verifies and checks additional costs due to cancellations, no-shows, re-bookings
before forwarding to the Finance department and liaisons/coordinates possible action
with applying entities if necessary;
9. Monitors and evaluates on regular basis the status all the AVRR cases;
10. Presents the data on reintegration cases for Project Manager and Finance Manager
to help with the reporting of the project;
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
The full position description can be found in the attached file.