IOM in Czechia has been active since 1998.
Among its main activities belong the following:
- Assisted voluntary returns and reintegration
- Migration and development
- Labor migration
- Prevention and combatting of trafficking in human beings
- Support to capacity building in migration management
- Integration of foreigners in the Czech Republic
- Information sharing on migration issues.
Migration is considered one of the defining global issues of the early twenty-first century, as more and more people are on the move today than at any other point in human history.
Discourse on migration involves many perspectives. There is growing recognition that migration is an essential and inevitable component of the economic and social life of every State, and that orderly and properly managed migration can be beneficial for both individuals and societies.